A Village of Water Sports, Shopping and First-Class Events
The village of Duck is the southernmost area to be considered part of the northern beaches. Just south of Corolla and north of Southern Shores, this area was named for its abundance of waterfowl and migrating birds. Ducks, geese, saltwater shorebirds, pelicans and herons are just a few of the locals that can be seen on a casual walk or leisurely bike ride.
Homes in this area range from small condominiums to large oceanfront houses. The village is known for its small, beach-community feel, along with some of the most pet-friendly beaches that the Outer Banks has to offer. In addition to the homes and beaches, Duck stands out with its local restaurants, shopping, art galleries, hand-crafted specialty stores, beautiful sunsets and a profusion of water sports.
The shops are nestled by NC HWY 12 north and along the shores of the Currituck Sound. A newly constructed boardwalk in Duck hugs the shoreline for 0.62 miles and allows visitors to enjoy the Currituck Sound, local shops and restaurants, as well as offering the perfect place to watch the sun set within a maritime forest.
During the summer and fall seasons, Duck offers local events that draw in visitors year after year. From the annual 4th of July parade to the Duck Jazz Festival, there is always something to see or do while vacationing in the area.
The beaches here are like no other on the Outer Banks. All beach accesses are private and only accessible for home owners and guests. Additionally, the beaches are the most pet-friendly of the islands and allow dogs on them year-round.
With Duck’s proximity to Corolla and Kitty Hawk, day trips to different areas on the Outer Banks are easily accessible. Take a drive north for Corolla and Carova, or south to the central towns of Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head and South Nags Head, as these surrounding areas offer historic sites and a wealth of additional attractions.
Whether you are looking to just relax on the beaches, enjoy your very own private pool, walk to different shops and restaurants, try your hand at kayaking, or explore the Outer Banks in its entirety, Duck offers many ways to relax and enjoy your days at the beach.
Duck Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Duck
- 101 Buffell Head Road Lot 1 Duck, NC 27949
- 153 Buffell Head Road Lot 180 Duck, NC 27949
- 142 Schooner Ridge Drive Lot 92 Duck, NC 27949
- 1278 Duck Road Lot 51 Duck, NC 27949
- 129 Speckle Trout Drive Lot 9 Duck, NC 27949
- 102 Old Squaw Drive Lot 30 Duck, NC 27949
- 125 Foresail Court Lot 37 Duck, NC 27949
- 126-4 Jay Crest Road Unit #4 Duck, NC 27949
Sold Listings in Duck
- 125 W Charles Jenkins Lane Lot 5 Duck, NC 27949
- 1274 Duck Road Lot 53 Duck, NC 27949
- 123 Georgetown Sands Road Unit 19 Duck, NC 27949
- 129 Brandon Court Lot 36 Duck, NC 27949
- 123 W Charles Jenkins Lane Lot# 6 Duck, NC 27949
- 110 Ocean Crest Way Lot 40 Duck, NC 27949
- 106 Station Bay Drive Lot 7 Duck, NC 27949
- 185 Ocean Front Drive Lot 20 Duck, NC 27949
Posted on September 3, 2015 at 8:47 pm by Michael Davenport