Kill Devil Hills
The Central Hub and Heart of the Outer Banks
Visit the Wright Brothers Memorial for aviation history and a spectacular view of Kill Devil Hills beaches.
Kill Devil Hills is the most-central part of the Outer Banks. Here you’ll find quaint condominiums, classic OBX vacation homes, sound side living and elaborate oceanfront properties. This area also offers an active night life with plenty of local fare, specialty delis, coffee shops, pizza pubs, seafood buffets and local bars.
Home to the original flight that was taken by the Wright Brothers in 1902, Kill Devil Hills’ signature landmark is the Wright Brothers Monument atop Kill Devil Hill. This historic site takes you back in time to an age where flight was thought impossible. Thanks to two young brothers that had a dream, flight forever changed how we viewed the skies from this very spot. Take a tour at the Wright Brothers Monument to view replicas of the brothers’ plane and learn about the will and manpower involved with such a world-changing feat.
Kill Devil Hills also presents daytime recreational activities such as mini-golf, go-karts, along with a fishing pier for visitors to enjoy. The Avalon Fishing Pier is located at Milepost 6 on the Beach Road and features a game room and a fishing pier that extends out into the Atlantic. For water sports enthusiasts, renting kayaks while staying in KDH is a great way to see the island. Public sound accesses are the perfect spot to launch a kayak or take your pet for a day of splashing around. Many residential neighborhoods are great for bike riding, and the beach road offers an avenue to take your morning walk or jog in addition to the soundside multi-use path.
This area also offers art galleries, beach and surf shops, the Nags Head Woods Ecological Preserve and clean, open beaches. If you would like to venture away from the beach and relax in a different way, you can always treat yourself to a spa day or shop for the inner beach bum in you.
Living in Kill Devil Hills keeps you within a short distance of area attractions. Whether you’re enjoying your morning walk around Jockey’s Ridge State Park in Nags Head, climbing multiple lighthouses along the shores, or taking day trips north to Carova and Duck, or south to Roanoke Island and Hatteras Village; the central location of this town allows you to always be close to everything that the OBX has to offer and within a hub of activity for you to enjoy.
Kill Devil Hills Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Kill Devil Hills
- 108 E Sportsman Drive Lot 67 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 403 Sandpiper Drive Lot #12 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 310 Soundview Drive Lot 5 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 109 Old Holly Lane Lot 67 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 318 Sandpiper Drive Lot #62 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 104 Inlet Court Lot 84 & 85 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 113 Eagle Drive lot 17 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 100E Lexington Lane Unit #106-E Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
Sold Listings in Kill Devil Hills
- 211 E Third Street Lot P of 3 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 2023 Newport News Street Lot 1220 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 1214 S Virginia Dare Trail Lot 8 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 1608 Princess Anne Drive Lot 13 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 700 W Skip Jack Lane Unit B-4 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 705 W Sportsman Drive Lot #217 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 1805 Virginia Avenue Lot #6 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 2017 Edenton Street Lot 836 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
Posted on April 3, 2015 at 2:53 pm by Michael Davenport