Kill Devil Hills
The Central Hub and Heart of the Outer Banks
Visit the Wright Brothers Memorial for aviation history and a spectacular view of Kill Devil Hills beaches.
Kill Devil Hills is the most-central part of the Outer Banks. Here you’ll find quaint condominiums, classic OBX vacation homes, sound side living and elaborate oceanfront properties. This area also offers an active night life with plenty of local fare, specialty delis, coffee shops, pizza pubs, seafood buffets and local bars.
Home to the original flight that was taken by the Wright Brothers in 1902, Kill Devil Hills’ signature landmark is the Wright Brothers Monument atop Kill Devil Hill. This historic site takes you back in time to an age where flight was thought impossible. Thanks to two young brothers that had a dream, flight forever changed how we viewed the skies from this very spot. Take a tour at the Wright Brothers Monument to view replicas of the brothers’ plane and learn about the will and manpower involved with such a world-changing feat.
Kill Devil Hills also presents daytime recreational activities such as mini-golf, go-karts, along with a fishing pier for visitors to enjoy. The Avalon Fishing Pier is located at Milepost 6 on the Beach Road and features a game room and a fishing pier that extends out into the Atlantic. For water sports enthusiasts, renting kayaks while staying in KDH is a great way to see the island. Public sound accesses are the perfect spot to launch a kayak or take your pet for a day of splashing around. Many residential neighborhoods are great for bike riding, and the beach road offers an avenue to take your morning walk or jog in addition to the soundside multi-use path.
This area also offers art galleries, beach and surf shops, the Nags Head Woods Ecological Preserve and clean, open beaches. If you would like to venture away from the beach and relax in a different way, you can always treat yourself to a spa day or shop for the inner beach bum in you.
Living in Kill Devil Hills keeps you within a short distance of area attractions. Whether you’re enjoying your morning walk around Jockey’s Ridge State Park in Nags Head, climbing multiple lighthouses along the shores, or taking day trips north to Carova and Duck, or south to Roanoke Island and Hatteras Village; the central location of this town allows you to always be close to everything that the OBX has to offer and within a hub of activity for you to enjoy.
Kill Devil Hills Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Kill Devil Hills
- 1905 Georgia Lane Lot 103 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 1102 Cambridge Road Unit 302-E Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 1401 N Virginia Dare Trail Unit 3-C Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 2034 Phoebus Street Lot 1145 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 101 E Meadowlark Street Lot 13 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 1304 Devonshire Road Unit 53 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 2285 Colington Road Lot 69 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 2232 Colington Road Lot 70 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
Sold Listings in Kill Devil Hills
- 119 Rocky Mount Street Lot 392 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948-7790
- 2007 Smithfield Street Lot 1274 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 415 Harbour View Drive Lot 28 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 344 Eagle Drive Lot125/pt126 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 102 Lowell Avenue Lot#PT 10&11 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27959
- 301 Harbour View Drive Lot 36 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 1713 Wyandotte Street Lot 7 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
- 1710 Sioux Street Lot #19 Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
Posted on April 3, 2015 at 2:53 pm by Michael Davenport