Kitty Hawk and Southern Shores
Quiet Towns with Close Proximity to It All
Kitty Hawk, NC
Most famously known for the Wright Brothers’ first flight, Kitty Hawk has been widely recognized by text books and adoring beach-goers for many years. The homes in this area range from small condominiums and classic beach cottages, to larger homes on both the ocean and the sound sides of the island; both of which offer either gorgeous sunrises or breathtaking sunsets.
Located just north of Kill Devil Hills and south of Duck, Kitty Hawk hosts tapered beaches with some of the lowest dune lines on the Outer Banks. These low dunes lines offer unobstructed ocean and beach views and easy beach access for those walking to the shoreline. The views are so nice in Kitty Hawk, that staying in a rental home offered by Sun Realty either on the beach road or in between the highways can almost guarantee a water view!
In addition to the beaches, this area also offers superb dining and small, locally-owned shopping outlets and surf shops. Whether you’re looking to savor authentic North Carolina BBQ and island-infused cuisine, or upscale fine dining featuring local seafood and staples, Kitty Hawk offers many flavors of the islands in its small vicinity. Non-commercialized shopping outlets excel at coastal décor and specialty items, tackle shops and drive-thru convenience stores, as well as surf shops to pick up some much needed surf apparel.
The Kitty Hawk Fishing Pier is located at Milepost 1 and allows guests a chance to reel in the “big one” or just stroll out over the Atlantic with your morning coffee or at night, to gaze at the stars while listening to the lull of the ocean.
Water sports are a great way to relax in this area as well. Local shops rent out kayaks, stand-up paddle boards and even jet-skis and they are a great way to spend your days on the soundside of the island. Sun Realty offers vacation homes on this west side of Kitty Hawk, and some rental homes provide equipment for you to get out and enjoy the waters.
If you’re a novice water sports enthusiast, there are bike trails, walking paths and pet-friendly vacation homes all nestled within the area of Kitty Hawk that allow vacationers to see the maritime forest that the area resides in.
Though located on what is considered the central beaches of the Outer Banks, Kitty Hawk keeps you well-within driving distances to see many local attractions like the Wright Brothers Monument and Jockey’s Ridge State Park, and family-friendly activities like the NC Aquarium and the Lost Colony, but really caters to the seclusion of staying on the edges of the more busier areas and allowing you to focus on the beach.
Kitty Hawk Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Kitty Hawk
- 0503 S First Flight Run Lot 36 Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
- 4018 N Virginia Dare Trail Lot 42 Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
- 2049 Martins Point Road Lot 13 Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
- 4138 N Virginia Dare Trail Lot 3 Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
- 5012 Ride Lane Lot 44 Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
- 4106 Bob Perry Road Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
- 1037 Martins Point Road Lot 10 Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
- 4506 N Virginia Dare Trail Lot 13 Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
Sold Listings in Kitty Hawk
- 116 W Kitty Hawk Road Unit A9 Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
- 4044 Tarkle Ridge Drive Lot # 76 Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
- 5006 N Virginia Dare Trail Lot # 13 Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
- 4400 N Virginia Dare Trail Lot 16 Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
- 4910 N Virginia Dare Trail Lot 11 Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
- 228 W Kitty Hawk Road Unit 228 Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
- 4117 N Virginia Dare Trail Lot 6 Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
- 104 Shell Circle Lot 8 Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
Posted on September 3, 2015 at 8:48 pm by Michael Davenport