Old Meets New in the Towns of Nags Head and South Nags Head
Nags Head Rentals & South Nags Head, NC
This quintessential beach town has been attracting visitors for decades; so much so, most visitors call the entire Outer Banks “Nags Head”. While this may not come as a surprise to most, Nags Head has truly shaped how the Outer Banks was built.
Home to the original “old Nags Head-style” beach homes, properties in this area are some of the first styled homes on the Outer Banks. Old meets new in Nags Head offering newly built homes alongside classic beach cottages. Relish in an oceanfront condo or a property that is large enough to host an event, or tuck away along the sound side to enjoy breathtaking sunsets. Nags Head rental properties offer something for every vacationers needs for accommodations.
Jockey’s Ridge State Park thrives in the very heart of Nags Head. With its magnitude and history, it really can’t be missed while driving through the town. Through changing winds and blowing sand, a mini-golf course was buried by the elements and left Nags Head with the largest living sand dune on the east coast. During certain changes of the wind, the tops of the golf course that was buried show themselves above the dunes. They sometimes appear as if someone has constructed sand castles along the ridge. Learn how to hang glide with a professional, participate in kite flying exhibits or climb the dunes to their highest peak of 90-feet! Regardless of the activity, Jockey’s Ridge State Park is truly a site to see.
The town of Nags Head offers a quite area to bike ride, sight-see and relax while being within driving distance to some of the busier areas of the Outer Banks. Cruise further south into Nags Head, the town offers great breakfast, lunch and dinner restaurants, all serving up the best local seafood that the OBX has to offer. Enjoy shopping at the Outer Banks Mall and the Tanger Outlet Mall, book a trip to parasail or jet-ski on the causeway, or spend a day in a battle of the bumper boats and putt-putt golf. Local stores and specialty shops also dot the area, so make sure to find those while on vacation here!
South Nags Head
South Nags Head begins at Milepost 17, commonly known as Whalebone Junction. This area is home to a long ribbon of single-family homes and a small number of condos.
Bordered by the Atlantic Ocean to the east and the Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge to the west, this exclusive area of Nags Head is accessed by one 5.1 mile stretch of road. There are no stores, restaurants or shopping in South Nags Head, but all of that can be accomplished in Nags Head, only a short drive away. S Nags Head is the home of the Outer Banks Fishing Pier with activities for everyone. A paved, multi-use path stretches the five-miles that spans South Nags Head and is perfect for walking, biking and rollerblading. The lack of commercial development here means the beaches are wide and uncrowded that bump into quiet neighborhoods and serene water views.
With easy access to both Hatteras and Roanoke Islands, along with its convenience to Kill Devil Hills and Kitty Hawk, it is no wonder why Nags Head and South Nags Head have been attracting visitors year after year.
Nags Head Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Nags Head
- 5304 S Chippers Court Lot 11 Nags Head, NC 27959
- 112 E Sandfiddler Court Lot # 7 Nags Head, NC 27959
- 328 W Bridge Lane Lot 58 Nags Head, NC 27959
- 3200 S Wrightsville Avenue Lot 16 Nags Head, NC 27959
- 2310 S Virginia Dare Trail lot 6 Nags Head, NC 27959
- 7724 S East Shore Road Lot #5 Nags Head, NC 27959
- 4905 S Virginia Dare Trail Unit B5 Nags Head, NC 27959
- 5311 S Chippers Court Lot #5 Nags Head, NC 27959
Sold Listings in Nags Head
- 8439-A E Whitecap Street Lot 13 Nags Head, NC 27959
- 5222 W Niblick Court Lot #46 Nags Head, NC 27959
- 3523 S Memorial Avenue Lot 380 Nags Head, NC 27959
- 9019 S Old Oregon Inlet Road Lot#7 Nags Head, NC 27959
- 8111 S Old Oregon Inlet Road unit B203 Nags Head, NC 27959
- 2229 S Virginia Dare Trail Unit 102 Nags Head, NC 27959
- 500 W Villa Dunes Drive Unit C-5 Nags Head, NC 27959
- 212 W Barnes Street Lot #20 Nags Head, NC 27959
Posted on September 3, 2015 at 8:48 pm by Michael Davenport